Saturday, January 31, 2009

Back on the Bike

I got back on the bike this morning for a ride with the guys. This is the second time I've been on the bike since last summer, so I'm really out of shape! I really felt it today.

I started out at about 8am, temperature at about 42 degrees. I usually won't admit this, but I hate getting out there in the cold. I was missing one of my toe covers, so one foot was really cold.

I rode down Foothill and met the guys just at the edge of Pleaanton. It's just over 8 miles from my place to the spot I met the guys. I pushed it a bit too hard on the way there. I was afraid I'd be late meeting them. Turns out I was about 5 minutes early. I took the opportunity to move my one toe cover from my right foot to my left foot. Brrr.

Once the group showed up we did two laps (~8 miles each) around Sunol Rd and Foothill Rd. I got dropped by the fast group going up the hills, and the fast group wasn't really going that fast. And I guess the hills weren't real serious hills either. My heartrate was off the charts - average for the ride was 170 and topped out at 196. I don't think I've hit 196 before. Mid last year it was more like 160 average for a hard ride. 

Check out the ride details here.

No comments: